Welcome to FEM 2023!
Do you want to know what’s hot in the Fennoscandian exploration and mining – the current players and upcoming commodities? The 14th Fennoscandian Exploration and Mining conference (FEM), will be held on 31 October – 2 November 2023 in Levi, Lapland, Finland.
30 – 31 October: Pre-conference short courses
- Analytical methods in geology
- The hyperspectral mineralogy and applications across the value chain
- The orogenic gold model (including commonalities and contrasts with occurrences in the Central Lapland Greenstone Belt)
31 October: Pre-conference excursion – Kaunis Iron Ore Mine, Sweden
31 October – 2 November: Conference and trade show
3 November: Post-conference excursions to Boliden Kevitsa Mine, Finland and Kittilä Mine, Finland
Short course venue: Hotel Hullu Poro
Conference venue: Event Centre Levi Summit and Hotel Levi Panorama
FEM 2023 is focusing on the following main topics
- Mining in Europe – the Minerals act: self-sufficiency and availability of human and monetary resources
- Exploration and mining technology
As customary, our participants represent a wide range of exploration and mining sector companies operating in the Fennoscandian region, key stakeholders, public authorities, and businesses supporting the industry.
The aim is to keep the FEM conference as one of the most significant and largest mining industry events in Europe. FEM 2021 Online event had 1749 participants, and the latest live conference FEM 2019 brought together 1215 participants from 32 different countries and more than 400 organizations to the snowy Lapland.
For more information, please visit the conference website at https://femconference.fi/