Swedish Mining Research & Innovation Day 2022
Swedish Mining Research and Innovation Day
– world-leading innovation for green transformation and the Swedish economy
The Swedish mining industry is a world leader in research and innovation, and Swedish technology and the Swedish innovation model are internationally recognised. Now society and industry are facing a necessary green transition. But what is the situation like on our own home turf – do we meet society’s needs and do we do it quickly enough? And how does Swedish research policy strengthen a sustainable future and a strong Swedish economy? We will take a closer look at this during this year’s Swedish Mining Research and Innovation Day.
Swedish Mining Research and Innovation Day is the most important national meeting place for discussing research and innovation issues related to mining, mineral and metal extraction. The conference, which is organised by Svemin and Swedish Mining Innovation, annually brings together about 150 leading people, researchers, financiers and public stakeholders from the Swedish mining and mineral cluster.
On May 12, 2022, it’s time again!
Please note that the conference is held in Swedish – except the session New innovation critical metals and minerals, at 16.15, which will be held in English.
What: Swedish Minings Research & Innovation Day 2022
When: May 12, 2022
Where: Kulturens Hus, Luleå
Fee: Free of charge
09.30-10.30 | Registration, coffee and mingling
10.30 | Welcome
Jenny Greberg, Program Director, Swedish Mining Innovation
Maria Sunér, CEO, Svemin
10.40 | Launch of the industry’s new strategic research and innovation agenda
The session is led by Jenny Greberg, Program Director, Swedish Mining Innovation and Katarina Nilsson, Expert Research and Innovation, Svemin.
11.10 | Research funding to meet society’s needs
The session is led by Jenny Greberg, Swedish Mining Innovation and Maria Sunér, Svemin
- Cecilia Sjöberg, Head of Industrial Development, Industrial Development, Vinnova
- Klara Helstad, Head of Sustainable Industry, Swedish Energy Agency
- Birgitta Bergvall Kåreborn, Vice-Chancellor, Professor, Luleå University of Technology
- Mikael Ramström, Director Global Strategic Projects and Alliances, Epiroc and Svemin’s FoI Committee
- Johan Weigelt, Vice President, IVA
12.10 – 13.10 | Lunch
13.10 | Outlook and trends in research and innovation
The session is led by Jenny Greberg, Swedish Mining Innovation
- Roger Hahne, Acting Director of Marketing and Technology, LKAB
- Staffan Sandström, CEO, Zinkgruvan
- Åsa Allan, Vice President, Kaunis Iron
- Mikael Ramström, Director Global Strategic Projects and Alliances, Epiroc
- Marcus Kristoffersson, Head of SE Global MAC R&D, ABB
- Linn Andersson, CEO, Boliden Rönnskär
- Anders Sand, FoU-chef Gruvor, Boliden
14.10 | Bergforsk scholarship award
The Bergforsk Foundation awards prizes for the Master Thesis of the Year, the Licentiate Thesis of the Year and the Doctoral Dissertation of the Year.
14.25 | Next step towards a mine in Kallak
- Conversation with Kurt Bugde, CEO, Beowulf Mining
14.40 | Coffee and mingling
15.05 | An industry in extreme development
– how is Sweden’s innovation capacity affected by permit processes, competence supply and research funding?
The session is led by Katarina Nilsson, Svemin
- Pia Lindström, Head of Sustainability, LKAB
- Pär Larshans, Head of Sustainability, RagnSells
- Åsa Allan, Vice President, Kaunis Iron
- Peter Larsson, National Coordinator for Expansion Norrbotten and Västerbotten
- Linda Modig, Member of Parliament (C)
- Arman Teimouri, Member of Parliament (L)
- Birger Lahti, Member of Parliament (V)
16.15 | New innovation critical metals and minerals (English session)
The session is led by Jenny Greberg, Swedish Mining Innovation and Katarina Nilsson, Svemin
Conversation leader: Pär Weihed, Professor, Pro Vice-Chancellor, Luleå University of Technology
- Daniel Cios, European Commission
- Olli Salmi, Innovation Hub Director, EIT RawMaterials Innovation Hub CLC Baltic Sea
- Mark Thompson, MD, Talga
- Erik Jonsson, State Geologist, SGU Geological survey of Sweden
- David Högnelid, Chief Marketing & Communications Officer, LKAB Minerals
17.15 – 17.30 | Closing
The program will also offer presentations from current initiatives.
17.45 – 20.00 | Mingle dinner